Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Stationary Success!

I'm glad we're finally getting things rolling. It's felt like an eternity of "well, that could be an option". It's a strange feeling; having the world as your oyster. It kind of feels like when my Dad told me I could choose any restaurant for my graduation dinner, and I mean any where. If you're given too many options, it becomes extremely difficult to even start thinking about what you want. Wedding planning seems to just that. 

My parents said they'll try their hardest to give me whatever I want (yes, I know I'm lucky, thankyouverymuch). I'm not really like that though. I don't want to have some 300+ guest wedding with extravagant everything, and the whopping $100,000 price tag. I know my parents appreciate that. I am glad to know that I have a decent budget to work with and it's flexible depending on the situation. That takes a bit of the overarching, wedding planning stress off my shoulders.


I figure I should probably get to the point of this post, yes? SO, this past Saturday we went to our stationary consultation. We picked the Social Page off of 10th Ave and 8th Street downtown. When you enter the store, it kind of seems like one of those greeting card stores with nick-nacks for any occasion. They kind of are, however, they do have a huge elevated stationary section with tons of selection. We both had a good idea of what we were looking for, and took some time to flip through their books and samples. Surprisingly, decisions came quickly.


We basically chose a template that we liked the majority of (font, size layout, design, etc) and then described our edits. They wrote down all of our preferences and we selected the paper and quantities to order. The consultant jotted down our information and calculated a quote for both save the dates and invitations. She also gave us a guesstimate as to how much our menus, place setting cards and thank you cards would run us. The quote for each was very reasonable, but we want to mull it over for a day or two.

During our appointment, we settled on a small 4" x 6" card in ivory linen paper for the save the date. It has a rustic/ vintage feel with the lettering. We chose a brown recycled paper envelope to go with the rustic theme, and liked navy, brown and green inking. We plan on ordering them within the week. We're already at less than 11 months now and takes about a month to have the order ready. 
Example of the Vintage Style
The invitations we liked were actually quite different than I had been originally planning. We liked a 3-folded invitation with a vintage decal on the front. The paper will open like a brochure with the information on the flaps inside. I have recently created our wedding website so we don't need to put a ton of information on it. We decided on two inserts though, one for the map and one for the RSVP. This all may change by the time we actually order them, but that was our initial thought. They'll be printed on the same paper and have the same styling as the save the dates. I'm not typically "matchy-matchy" but I think it looks nicer this way.

The Social Page also had some great ideas to word the RSVP cards so I thought I'd share them:



Cant wait / Sorry to miss it
Deal me in / Sitting out
Looking forward to the big day / Regretfully cannot attend
Cant wait to celebrate / Sad to miss all the fun
Delighted to attend / Sorry. cant make it
Cant wait to party / Bummer! cant make it
Sunscreen is packed / Raising a toast from afar
Good news, we’ll be there / Bad news, Cant make it
Cant wait to be there / Party on with out us
I will be sure to post a picture of them when we get the template back for approval. With each decision made and tasks checked off my list, the more real and exciting all this planning is getting. Now, to take this success and run with it. Decisiveness, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment