Thursday, February 07, 2013

The Venue Hunt

We've decided that the Mountains will be the spot in which we'll be married. The difficult part, will be figuring out which venue suits our needs and won't make us broke. 

Next weekend we will travel with Jen to check out places in and around Banff.

Hopefully we will be able to commute between the areas easily and still have enough time to fully inspect the various locations we've chosen.

I still find I'm disappointed about Banff Springs. Should've known that they'd be far outside a reasonable price point and size.

Right now,it seems like the place we're interested in most is Buffalo Mountain Lodge. I really like the interior of one of rooms they have available; very rustic and warm. I think we're both glad that we're starting with the one that we like most from the photographs we've been so far online.

Wedding venue aside, the other detail we need to sort out is the date. Unfortunately, there's been a lot of flip-flopping by both us and our families. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed that we are not going to wait until November. For some reason I really liked that date; it didn't hurt that it was on a long weekend too. Going forward it seems like the date we're working with is January 25, 2014 and our back up will be March 1, 2014. I'm not entirely sold on March, and I doubt Ryan is either, but January is looking to be a handful to organize. 

Excitement is certainly settling in. I'm looking forward to getting into all the nitty-gritty details. There's so much to do in the next 11-13 months and limited time to get started. What I am sure of though, is that we need to narrow down the date, book the venue and relax. The hardest part then, will be over.

Buffalo Mountain Lodge, Wapiti Longhouse



2 comments: